Sunday, May 04, 2008

Trade Secrets

Everyone knows I don't take good pictures. I have a nice camera, but my photos suck. Until I took this one, which I don't know is really all that great, but I would definitely say it's okay. I took it at McMenamin's Edgefield in Troutdale a year ago with a clever little tool called a Lensbaby. This is a very special little widget, and is has the added perk of making a crappy photographer look like an artist.

At the time I was dating this photographer who didn't know about the Lensbaby before we met. I told him about it. He scoffed at first, and pulled out his $400 macro lens as if it was a penile extension. But when he saw I could take photos like this with a cheap little $75 (or so) tool, he got jealous. The thing is, this dude was talented. Like, when we split up it was devastating simply because he was such a great photographer and that I wanted to be able to say to my friends, "hey, you see that picture of the sunrise on the side of that 73x bus? Yeah? Well, my boyfriend took that picture, and made money with it. So. Suck. On. That."

[All photos were taken using a Canon EF 25 II extension tube.]