Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Will Trade Parking for Sex

Last November I was lucky enough to meet a guy who lived, oh, about 4 blocks from my office building. I had been paying for parking at a staggering rate of $5 per day (after 5:59 a.m. but before 2:46 p.m. Monday through Friday) and was beginning to take the bus pretty regularly. So, after I met this guy I started parking my car at his apartment and walking to work every day. This didn't work out for long because his neighbors began to notice. And, let's face it, who wouldn't notice when a fourplex apartment building only has three fucking parking spots and two of them are taken up by some humonculous vanagan driven by a 500 pound percheron???

Ahhhh, anyway.

One day we were sitting at his dinner table (four blocks from my office building) and he casually asked me if I might be interested in getting a residential parking permit. Huh? Like, are you asking me to move in? No, but he would be glad to pop in at the DOT and get me one by using his address. Yeah, duh I'd like one dude!! So he paid and got me a residential, 'B' area parking pass good for the next ten months. Score!! And then he dumped me. But it was well worth it!!!

It's almost a year later, and my ten months of free parking are up in eleven days. Seven work days to be exact. I've been parking for free for almost a whole year. So recently I've been thinking that maybe I'd like to meet another guy who lives in the area. Do they have a dating website based on city locality? Like, you know, www.fifteenthandferryareahos.com?

This one could make me rich, I'm sure.