Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Like That Kid In Elementary School Who Had to Buy His Clothes at the Goodwill

All day today I've been using a tiny yellow binder clip to keep my pants up. When I put them on this morning, I realized they were dragging on the ground and riding really low right on my hips. When I looked in my full-length mirror, I saw that they were hanging off of my ass and there was this huge clump of fabric where my butt should be. I was swimming. I'd had these pants tailored about six months ago, but since then I've lost about 7 pounds in addition to the 3 I've lost in the last 2 weeks since I've been sick. I tried using a belt, but since there aren't any belt loops in the back of the pants the belt slips off of the waistband and my pants sag even worse. Hence, I've been relegated to using a binder clip.

Now ordinarily I'd be happy to admit that I'd lost weight. But I guess that was tempered by the fact that I know those 3 pounds are just going to get put right back on. Mainly because, well, if they don't, then my clothes won't fit. That would be a true travesty.