Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Eat, Drink, Man, Woman

I don't think I followed this movie very well. I think part of my problem was that I was trying to come up with a good way of kissing my date for the first time without being so forward. Gee, after six dates, you'd think one of us would have broken down and done it. Maybe we're just friends. But I digress...

So the movie is centered around these three sisters and their loves lives. There's the beautiful, successful businesswoman, the frumpy teacher, and the backstabbing burger-flipper. They all end up finding love in the end except Miss Pan Am, who ends up getting the house in the country but no family to go with it. Which is okay, afterall. Life is just as glorious without love as it is with it.

I don't think I really liked Eat, Drink, Man, Woman all that much because it was slow on the uptake and didn't have enough sex as I thought it would be. When I first rented the movie I thought it was going to be an Italian flick, when it was really Chinese. It's dialogue-based plot isn't really intense, as it's all conversation with no explanation. I suppose it does come together at the end, but it's kind of sudden as two of the three sisters ride off into the sunset on their SO's 25-horsepower scooters.

I suppose that I rented this movie not knowing what I was getting means I should do more research. Good thing I've got Netflix.